Internationales Solo-Tanz-Theater Festival Stuttgart 2022
Competition for contemporary choreographers and young dancers
The festival will provide an overall view of the latest trends in the solo-dance-theatre scene. As participants in the competition, choreographers and dancers from around the world, are requested to perform a solo piece which is new, original, imaginative, unique and which displays unusual achievement. The respected jury will judge choreographic and dance skills as well as musicality, interpretation and performance.
Conditions of entry
1. Choreographers may participate in the competition with a solo piece that is presented either as a premiere or hasn’t been performed on stage for the first time before March 2022. The duration of the performance has to be between 9 and 12 minutes. The choreographies should be developed along the lines of a contemporary and genuine movement-language. The applicant is free in choice of subject and music. The piece may be interpreted by the choreographer him/herself. The dancer must be 30 or younger.
2. The application must be filed online until 11th November 2021, 12.00 o’clock midnight CET and is only complete with sending an online link (attention: only YouTube or Vimeo links) to the choreographic work (also rehearsal) which shall be presented at the festival. If the applicant uses Vimeo for his submission video it is necessarily to ajust also the download function. Only complete applications which are handed in within the deadline are considered.
3. There is no entrance fee. A curatorship will select the choreographers and dancers to participate in the competition. Admission to the competition is subject to the organizers’ consent. The successful choreographers and dancers will receive an invitation by 17th December 2021 at the latest. The competitors must confirm acceptance by 6th January 2022. If the competitors do not accept in time, the invitation will become invalid.
4. Competitors are obliged to be available for performances on the four festival days. They agree to be available for rehearsals, interviews, movie and television recordings and photos free of charge.
6. The first round decisions of the competition will take place between Thursday and Saturday evening in front of an audience and international jury. The final will be held on Sunday evening. The decision of the jury concerning the nomination for the final will be announced on Saturday evening. The finalists will again present their solo piece on Sunday. All participants will stay until the end of the festival.
7. The decision of the jury is final. If a competitor is a student or company member of one of the jurors, the particular juror will withhold his vote.
8. Prizes to a total value of € 16.000 will be awarded. Before the award winners are paid, the organizer is obliged to deduct tax from the prize money. Choreography Performance 1st prize € 3.500 1st prize € 3.500 2nd prize € 2.500 2nd prize € 2.500 3rd prize € 1.500 3rd prize € 1.500 Public awards Public’s First Choice Award € 500 Public’s Final Choice Award € 500 Residence Prize Eastman Prize Stuttgart
9. Technical data Stage: Size of the stage (dance floor) 10 m x 8,50 m; black dance floor; black curtain with wings: backdrop black or grey stonewall Light: Front light, backlight warm and cold; wings warm and cold, 1 special Sound (music): CD, USB For the stage design only easily transportable equipments whose construction and dismantling don’t delay the program are admitted. A maximum of 75 minutes is available to all competitors preparing the stage, setting the lights and rehearsing on the day of the performance.
10. The participants will be accommodated in a double bed room which will be shared with an other participant. The organizer takes over the hotel costs (incl. breakfast) and pays a subsidy towards the travel expenses.
11. The award winners agree to give performances in the context of “Gala of Winners”. The tour will take place in Germany from 12.- 22.11.2022. A global fee, travel expenses, overnight costs and catering will be paid.
If you have any questions concerning your application, please contact us via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 0049-(0)711-1873-884.